Amazing Health Benefits of Ginger (Luya)

Ginger is one of the most ancient spices worldwide. It has become well-known for its health benefits, which include its ability to boost bone health, strengthen the immune system, increase appetite, prevent various types of cancer, improve respiratory conditions, aid in digestion, eliminate arthritis symptoms, reduce excess gas, enhance sexual activity, and relieve pains related to menstrual disorders, nausea, and flu. Ginger is a good source of vitamins A, C, E and B-complex as well as magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, zinc, calcium and beta-carotene.

In addition, it has anti-inflammatory, antinausea, antispasmodic, antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties that can help treat and prevent health issues.
You can eat ginger in different ways, but sipping on ginger tea is one of the best options. You can easily make this soothing beverage at home.

You can drink up to 3 cups of ginger tea daily. Avoid drinking ginger tea in excess, as it can cause many side effects. According to health experts, adults can take up to 4 grams of raw ginger root a day. To find out the right dose for children, consult your doctor.

Here are the top 10 health benefits of ginger and ginger tea.
1. Improves Blood Circulation
Ginger tea helps improve blood circulation to maintain optimum health. The compounds like gingerols and zingerone in it have a warming effect on the body, resulting in good circulation. Good circulation throughout the body means more nutrients, minerals and oxygen reach different parts of the body. In addition, proper circulation promotes cell growth and functions of organs, such as the brain, heart, liver, kidneys and the limbs. In addition, the amino acids in ginger play a key role in improving circulation that may help decrease the chance of cardiovascular problems.

2. Provides Pain Relief
Ginger contains a compound known as gingerol that has anti-inflammatory properties. Moreover, ginger helps block COX-2, a chemical in the body that causes pain. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties help treat muscle and joint pain. Drinking ginger tea regularly effectively helps treat pain associated with gout, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Plus, it can reduce post-exercise inflammation and pain. Moreover, it helps soothe migraine as well as tension headaches as it blocks prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in the brain’s blood vessels that cause headaches

3. Eases Menstrual Discomforts
One to two cups of ginger tea can effectively ease menstrual cramps and other associated discomforts. It is also a good remedy for premenstrual syndrome (PMS). According to a 2014 study published in the journal ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology, researchers found ginger to be effective in reducing the severity of PMS symptoms. It also helps fight fatigue associated with PMS. The warm nature of ginger tea helps relieve pain and relax the muscles, thereby reducing menstrual cramps. Women dealing with irregular periods and those who experience heavy menstrual cramps may also find relief with ginger tea.

4. Relieves Nausea and Stomach Disorders
Whether you are suffering from nausea or vomiting, you can treat it with a few cups of ginger tea. The active components like volatile oils and phenol compounds in ginger root influence the nervous system, stomach and intestines. This in turn helps reduce nausea, vomiting and stomach disorders such as indigestion, gas, stomach pain, bloating and diarrhea. It also helps fight off the virus or bacteria that cause diarrhea or upset stomach.
Plus, ginger tea is effective in both pregnancy-related nausea and chemotherapy-induced nausea. Moreover, drinking a cup of ginger tea before traveling can help prevent nausea and vomiting due to motion sickness.

5. Digestion
The phenolic compounds in ginger are known to help relieve gastrointestinal (GI) irritation, stimulate saliva and bile production, and suppress gastric contractions as food and fluids move through the GI tract.
At the same time, ginger also appears to have beneficial effects on the enzymes trypsin and pancreatic lipase, and to increase motility through the digestive tract. This suggests ginger could help prevent colon cancer and constipation.

6. Strengthens Immunity
Ginger tea may help strengthen your immunity due to the antioxidant properties in ginger. A strong immune system means that you’ll get sick less often and recover more quickly when you do. The warm nature of ginger helps break down toxins accumulated in the body, making it easier for the body to get rid of them.
Ginger also has antimicrobial, antiseptic, antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help prevent many common health problems and infections. In addition, it contains chromium, magnesium and zinc, which help boost the immune system.

7. Fights Respiratory Infections
You can drink ginger tea to fight respiratory infections. It has anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antifungal and immune-boosting properties A few cups of warm ginger tea can help relieve congestion associated with the common cold, influenza or environmental allergies. In fact, sipping warm ginger tea when you feel a cold coming on can help stop a cold in its tracks. In addition, it can help reduce airway inflammation and inhibit airway contraction when suffering from asthma. The polyphenols present in ginger help inhibit the secretion of mucus. It can also ease headaches and sore throats, two common symptoms of respiratory infections.

8. Reduces Cholesterol Levels
Ginger tea can also be beneficial for those who have high cholesterol as it helps increase the secretion of bile acids. Plus, due to its antioxidant properties, ginger prevents low density lipoprotein (LDL) oxidation. It also helps improve metabolism, fight obesity and reduce high blood pressure. However, as ginger may interact with blood-thinning drugs, avoid excess intake of ginger tea. It is best to consult a doctor before including ginger in your diet.

9. The Anti-Inflammatory Effects Can Help With Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is a common health problem. It involves degeneration of the joints in the body, leading to symptoms like joint pain and stiffness. In a controlled trial of 247 people with osteoarthritis of the knee, those who took ginger extract had less pain and required less pain medication. Another study found that a combination of ginger, mastic, cinnamon and sesame oil, can reduce pain and stiffness in osteoarthritis patients when applied topically.

10. Treats Flu
Ginger has been prescribed to fight illnesses and infection for all the ages. Its soothing effect helps to reduce the body’s emergency symptom responses to the damaged cells in the body. While the white cells work on patching the cells and defending against the illness, ginger acts a barrier to the high levels of prostaglandins that induce fever, headache, and cramps.

Other health benefits of ginger currently under research are its function in reducing heart diseases, migraines, depression, and curing stress-related anxiety disorders.

Ginger may, at times, have side effects for those suffering from gallstones, since the herb incites the release of bile from the gallbladder. Therefore, if this sort of condition is expected or if you have a history of gallbladder conditions, it is best to consult a doctor before consuming ginger.

Source: top10homeremedieshealthlinemedicalnewstoday

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2348142454860. website. hpps:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    Dr Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
    HIV
    Herpes
    Cancer
    Chronic Disease
    Asthma
    External infection
    Als
    Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea
    Heart Disease
    Diabetes
    Kidney Disease
    Lupus
    Epilepsy
    Stroke
    Eczema
    Eating Disorder
    Back Pain. etc
    contact him for your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I became satisfied to examine this article after looking at google, after reading I have written a piece of article about:icd 10 chronic back pain Thank you for the article and supporting me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how Dr ehiaguna cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you Dr ehiaguna because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact Dr ehiaguna via drehiaguna@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348073908953 he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus.1 HIV cure
    2 cancer
    3 diabetes
    4 hepatitis
    5 herpes.
    You can contact if you are having any problem...

    ReplyDelete
  4. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how Dr ehiaguna cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you Dr ehiaguna because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact Dr ehiaguna via drehiaguna@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348073908953 he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus.1 HIV cure
    2 cancer
    3 diabetes
    4 hepatitis
    5 herpes.
    You can contact if you are having any problem...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goji Berries... yes... I tried those too.for my health conditions, Those sweet, red berries seemed to help, but only during the time when I consumed them. I don't want to take a drug for the rest of my life, so why would I want to take a natural supplement everyday for the rest of my life (although Goji berries are very tasty and are highly nourishing). To me this was not a cure either (and I'm LOOKING for the CURE).
    Up to that point, I hadn't found a cure.  I felt like a young jumbled mess. I continued to have extreme pain, but continued on my path to healing. I started to focus on myself and not everyone else. When I was a young adult, I took on too much responsibility out of a sense of obligation. This was no longer healthy for me, so I resigned from all my projects and groups. Those days to come were the best [and worst] days. I took a lot of time off work, yet began to feel so extremely exhausted. Many health professionals "diagnosed" me with adrenal fatigue & Hiv,Prostate Cancer so my situation was annoying then I keep searching for permanent cure online that's when I came to know of Dr God hands whom god has bleesed with ancestral herbs gift to heal people with disease like .Cancers,Alzheimer's disease,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Diabetes, Multiple myeloma, Parkinson's disease,Neuroendocrine tumors,Herpes, Hiv/Aids,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,, chronic diarrhea, COPD,Love spell, Hepatitis... so i make a purchase of his herbal medicines and I have being watching my health for 6 years now and I actually comfirmed that his herbal medicines are permamnent cure and I'm so happy that i came to know of his herbal healings.You can contact Dr God hands Email: doctorgodhands@gmail.com  WhatsApp: +2349057214220.  if you gone through exactly what I go through in terms of health conditions because really honest there is more to learn about natural herbs than medical drugs.

    ReplyDelete